Williamstown Emergency Rental Assistance Program
EMERGENCY Rental Assistance Program
Funds still available! Eligible Williamstown renters hurt financially by the COVID-19 pandemic should apply
The Williamstown Affordable Housing Trust (AHT) and Berkshire Housing Development Corporation (BHDC) are partnering to distribute emergency rental assistance funding for eligible Williamstown residents who have suffered financial setbacks due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What: Emergency grants, typically up to $500 but in cases of extreme need up to $1000, will be distributed to qualified applicants.
- Who: Residents of Williamstown who are at or below 100% of Area Median Income (AMI)* and who rent housing in Williamstown and who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 crisis are eligible to apply. Households with 80% of AMI* or less will get priority.
- How: Online applications are available at Berkshire Housing Development website or by calling BHDC at 413.499.4887 to leave a message. Paper applications are available at the Williamstown Food Pantry at 53 Southworth Street and at the Williamstown Post Office on Spring Street.
- Why: The Williamstown AHT seeks to assist the Williamstown rental community who are suffering due to negative effects of the pandemic. It is deploying funds made available to it by Town Meeting on the recommendation of the Community Preservation Committee. For more information please contact Liz Costley at 413.884.5383 or email@example.com.
- When: Applications are being accepted starting May 13 and we will provide grants until our funding runs out.