Pantries in Need
Our local food pantries need your support. The pantries have shared lists of necessities that are not available through other sources. So far the list includes food items, paper products, personal care items, cleaning products, and baby care items including diapers and baby food. (See the list below for specific items.)
Food Pantries: Download a PDF of county-wide food pantry and meal site resources here. (Updated June 1)
FOOD PANTRIES & MEAL SITES
Download a PDF of county-wide food pantry and meal site resources here. (Updated January 2022)
- 2nd & 4th TUESDAYS,10-11 AM: The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts Mobile Food Bank PANTRY, Adams: Adams Council on Aging/Adams Visitors’ Center, 3 Hoosac Street 413-247-9738, ext. 121; No proof of eligibility required. Must be Berkshire County resident. One distribution per household.
- WEDNESDAYS, 11AM – 1PM: St. John Paul II Charity Center PANTRY, Rte. 8 across from Walgreens, Adams, 413-743-0577. Assistance to residents of Adams, Cheshire, and Savoy.
- MON. thru FRI. GRAB & GO MEAL SITE: Adams COA, 3 Hoosac Street, Adams 413-743-8333. Mondays thru Fridays. Congregate meals available for grab & go. Must call Adams COA 24 hours prior.
- 1st SATURDAYS, 11AM-Noon: Cheshire Food PANTRYat the Cheshire Community Center, 119 School Street, Cheshire 413-743-9719. Available to all Cheshire residents with proof of residency. Emergency food is also available.
- MON. thru FRI., 10:15AM-Noon: GRAB & GO MEAL SITE: Cheshire COA Cheshire Community Center, 119 School Street, Cheshire 413-743-9719. Congregate meals available for grab & go. Must call Cheshire COA.
- The Salvation Army Gateway New Life Center PANTRY|TUESDAY, Noon-3 PM for In-Person / (*WEDNESDAYS, Noon-2 PM for delivery) 393 River Street, North Adams. For Emergency Pantry please call 413-663-7987. Deliveries on Wednesdays.*Call 413-663-7987 on Tuesdays 10:00am-noon to schedule a delivery. For North County residents only.
- Al Nelson Friendship Center PANTRY | WEDNESDAYS, 10 AM – 2 PM for In-Person / *THURSDAYS, 9:30AM -Noon for Delivery: 45 Eagle Street, North Adams, 413-664-0123. Go to the First Baptist Church (Eagles St. entrance) for intake and menu completion. *Those who cannot physically come to the pantry may call 413-664-0123 on Wednesday from 9:30am-2:00pm to set up a delivery for Thursday between 9:30am-Noon. Boxes are pre-packaged based on household size for Thursday deliveries. Please specify cans or no cans. Due to COVID rates we can no longer offer rides home. We will post updates on FACEBOOK. IF UNVACCINATED, PLEASE WEAR A MASK.
- Berkshire Dream Center Mobile Food PANTRY| 4th WEDNESDAYS, 5 – 6:30 PM (multiple locations): 413-522-3495. North Adams Locations: Mohawk Forest at 5:00pm, Brayton Hill at 5:45pm, Greylock at 6:30pm. No requirements.
- The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts Mobile Food Bank PANTRY North Adams | 1st & 3rd FRIDAYS, 10-11 AM: Brien Center Lot, 124 American Legion Drive, North Adams 413-247-9738, ext. 121; No proof of eligibility required. One distribution per household.
- Berkshire Food Project GRAB & GO MEAL SITE | MON./WED./FRI. 11:30 AM – 1 PM: First Congregational Church of N. Adams, 134 Main Street, North Adams 413-664-7378.
- North Adams COA GRAB & GO MEAL SITE| MON. thru FRI., 11:30 AM-Noon, at Mary Spitzer Center, 116 Ashland Street North Adams 413-662-3125, Congregate meals available for 60+ for pick-up only – Must call one day in advance to reserve meal. Please call 413-664-9826.
- First Baptist Church Community Soup Kitchen MEAL SITE|SATURDAY, 11 AM – 12:30 PM: Eagle Street Entrance, 131 Main Street, North Adams, 413-652-7619.
- Williamstown Food PANTRY | 1st & 3rd WEDNESDAYS, 9AM-Noon: at St. Patrick & St. Raphael Parish, 53 Southworth Street, Williamstown, 413-458-4946, x11 or 413-458-3149. Drive or walk-thru. Assistance to residents of Hancock, New Ashford, Williamstown, and Pownal, VT.
- Community Bible Church PANTRY. 3rd WEDNESDAYS, Noon-2 PM:160 Bridges Road, Williamstown, 413-458-5556. Must be a Mass. residents
Berkshire County statistics: 15% of the population or 19,300 individuals face food insecurity with poverty as the largest contributing factor. Learn more at Feeding America.org
- Feminine products
- Shaving cream (men)
- Disposable razors (men)
- Bar soap (all kinds)
- Toilet paper
- Adult Depends ( size M & L)
- Towels (all sizes)
- Wash cloths (new)
- Dish towels
- Paper napkins
- Laundry soap
- Ziploc bags
- Dish detergent
- Pasta (all kinds)
- Baked beans
- Canned peas, corn
- Kidney beans
- Peanut butter
- Canned tuna, chicken
- Crackers (all kinds)
- Breakfast cereal
- Pre-made pudding
- Cereal bars
- Hot chocolate
- Snacks, chips (sm pkgs)
- Applesauce cups
- Diapers (open pkgs okay)
- Pull-Ups (open pkgs okay)
- Baby food
- Gift cards (Walmart,Target)
- Clean, new socks (all sizes)